Monday, July 6, 2009

Intro...About Me

I wanted to start this site to relive some fun and adventurous moments from my past diving career of about 10 years. Until now my dive log excel document on my confuser has been the sole place of stored memories. The notes section in my log is only about two lines which doesnt allow for much detail at all. My hope is to look back, remember, and be able to tell a better story about the experiences I have had. Who knows...some people may even read this other than me! Imagine that.

So I am about to turn 28 years old (Lord willing); I have been living in Alpharetta since the summer of 2004, Alpharetta is north of Atlanta, GA by about 20 or so miles.
I am originally from Maryland, where I grew up in Upper Marlboro which is slightly east of Washington, D.C. and about 45 minutes south of Baltimore.
I went to school in North Carolina at a small school of about 3,000 students called Campbell University. Definitely a country/in the sticks feel to it but certainly full of alot of great people where I made quite a few solid friendships and memories.

I started diving in 1999 after being certified in Annapolis, MD as a NAUI Open Water Scuba Diver under Mike Nieman with Chesapeake Underwater Sports (410) 280 0648.

Such began the 'realization' phase of a deep, long-seeded fascination with the ocean that I had held ever since early childhood. Like most young boys, I knew girls had cooties, school is boring, homework sucks, soccer is life & the more trouble you were in meant the more fun you had. I was also a big fan of spiders, snakes, fire, dinosaurs, sharks, etc. No surprise there, especially if you know me now, you probably know not much has changed since then! Because of my boyhood interest, it seemed like a no-brainer when dad asked my brother and I if we would be interested in obtaining a scuba certification with he and mom. What a great way to spend some real time with each other (slightly more interesting than silently watching tv together during visits home!) and at a time when the kids are getting older and starting to do their own things it is so important to maintain as much of a connection as possible with each other as life/school/job seems to pull the family unit apart some. I feel that this connection has been maintained to date and I am very glad that this is the case.

So I guess my next post will be about the certification process during those sundays in Annapolis. See you then.

1 comment:

  1. You image of the children swimming underwate is my image and you are infringing my copyright. Please remove the image or publish an attribution to my website sheilasmartphotography.com.au

    ReplyDelete